Sunday, August 15, 2010

Aroma of Solititude

( This poem is written keeping in mind - my routine mundane life and a part of me which is no longer mine.)

As I walk past the valley of flowers,
Roses, jasmines, daisies and dandelions.
The aroma of your perfume enthralls me,
I have found you once and I will find you again,
And again and again and again.
I will settle with that aroma of you,
which will enthrall me forever.

The dust rises and with that rises , the aroma,
the aroma of the first drops of rain on dry earth,
A distance has to be reached, a smile emanates,
A journey to the daily oblivion, shall now begin.

Perspiration dripping down,
an aroma seething of hard work,
Cutting away the heights of time,
to start life afresh.
A depth needs to be refilled,
A mountain to be cleared.
But the aroma shall stay clear,
and shall always stay near.

The scent of jasmine spreads the aroma of sweetness,
from one heart to another, from one human to another,
All differences put aside,
all rifts and barriers put away.
The pungency of Hydrogen Sulphide spreads the aroma of bitterness,
from one mind to another, from one separatist to another,
making the great walls along the way,
to corner each other's susceptibility

Darkness prevails, the aroma of gloom is on the way,
Fangs of death coloring the world purple,
bringing with it the aroma of red, the color of rage.
What follows are a million superstitions,
suspicion is not far away.

It is time now, to spread the aroma of black,
Oh! soothing black engulf the world today,
the aroma of white is on the way.

Spread now the aroma of white,
divert happiness to this way.
Clear the skies, usher the aroma of white,
let it rush in, gush into our souls.

As I walk past the valley of flowers,
Roses, jasmines, daisies and dandelions,
The aroma of your perfume enthralls me,
I have found you once,
I will find you again,
And again and again and again.
I will settle with that aroma of you,
which will me enthrall me forever.

No comments: