Sunday, May 04, 2008

On a Road to Nowhere

A track, a stone in my path,
I stop, look around to find a signboard,
A grin and a dazed look,
The sign says "Road to nowhere".
A moon lit star studded sky above,
Nothing noone nowhere in sight,
Pole stars they say ,show you the way
A grin and a dazed look
I know I am on a road to nowhere.
El Dorado, city of Gold, A quest,
A rainbow in sight after the rains,
A Road to a pot of gold at the end,
A daze, a myth, a fantasy to fulfilled,
I have always been on the road,
A road that leads nowhere.

A drop of water to drink,
A thirst, I need to quench,
An oasis in sight nearby,
A mirage, an aberration,
A dazed look an a grin,
On a road to nowhere without a drop to drink.

The sun burns away the earth below,
In contact am I, Do I burn away,
A thought, an emotion, an instinct,
A dazed look and a grin,
On road to nowhere, my tears have dried away
A sign board, A grin, A dazed look,
A pole star, a moon lit star studded sky,
El Dorado, A quest, A rainbow and a pot of gold,
An oasis, a mirage, an aberration,
A thought, an instinct, a tear,
On a road to nowhere am I,
And they have all gone away.

1 comment:

Dhaval Shah said...

On a road to nowhere without a drop to drink.
--
When the thirst is there, the road revels itself.